Senior Day at the Porter County Fair Wednesday July 27 at 12:30 pm Our president, Val Roach, was nominated by Sue Lynch (Portage City Council) and a member of our historical society as one of the Most Honored Senior Citizens in Porter County. Val received a corsage, a certificate and a gift card.
This week’s Life in the Spotlight is a North Dakota native. However, she moved to the area in 1957 with her husband who came to work as a machinist apprentice and she has certainly found her niche in the Portage community in the years since. Valeria Roach is President of the Portage Community Historical Society, and a woman well deserving of her time in the spotlight.
- Tuesday, August 9 – Board Meeting 6:30 pm Portage Library
- Wednesday, August 17— Bi-monthly meeting 7:00 Woodland Park Marsha Browne, speaker
- Tuesday, Sept. 13– Board Meeting 6:30 Portage Library
- Saturday, October 1—Portage Alumni Dinner/Dance
- Tuesday, Oct. 11—Board Meeting 6:30 Portage Library
- Wednesday, Oct. 19—Bi-Monthly Meeting 7:00 Woodland Park Lee Botts and Pat Wisniewski, Speakers
- Tuesday, November 8—Election Day
- November ??—Installation Dinner Wood-