2014 August Newsletter
Download 469.41 KB
In This Issue
- We had a great festival this year! We actually made a nice profit, thanks to Bill Mesich and family who cooked the food. They do a great job-everything was delicious!
Portage Alumni Association
- This year’s Alumni Multi-year dinner dance will be held Saturday, September 27, 2014 at Duneland Falls Banquet Center. The event targets alumni of 25 years or more who graduated or attended Portage High School during 1949 – 1989.
- We received several items from Hazel Briggs Bradford and her family. They donated photo albums, documents and even Hazel’s High School diploma.
Eagle Scout Project
- Sam Haines, a Portage resident, took on the project of locating all the veterans buried in McCool Cemetery for his Eagle Scout project.
Duck Farm Road
- In the 1930’s, many local boys and men found employment at a duck farm located in Portage in the Garyton area off of Duck Farm Road, now known today as Evergreen Road.
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014 – Board Meeting
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 – General Meeting, 7:00 pm
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 – Board Meeting
Saturday, September 27, 2014 – Portage Alumni Banquet