Fathers Day History – A woman named Sonora Smart Dodd thought of the idea for Fathers Day while listening to a Mothers Day sermon in 1909 in Spokane Wash. Sonora’s father was born in June so she chose to hold the first Father’s Day celebration in Spokane on June 19,1910
Tea Party Report
This event went very well despite having it on a holiday weekend. Our thanks to the park department for all their help setting up and taking down chairs and tables.
Volunteers are needed in several areas. Please sign up for a two hour shift.
We have several vendors for the festival but will take applications until the day of but not duplicates of what we already have.
- Tuesday, June 14, Board Meeting 6:30 pm Portage Library
- Wednesday, June 15—Bi-monthly meeting, 7:00 Woodland Park Steve McShane, Speaker
- Saturday, June 25 — Historical Summer Festival, Countryside Park 10—4
- Tuesday, July 12—Board Meeting 6:30 pm Portage Library
- Tuesday, August 9 – Board Meeting 6:30 pm Portage Library
- Wednesday, August 17— Bi-monthly meeting 7:00 Woodland Park – Tamara Brown, speaker
- Tuesday, Sept. 13– Board Meeting 6:30 Portage Library
- Tuesday, Oct. 11—Board Meeting 6:30 Portage Library