2014 December Newsletter
Download 589.52 KB
In This Issue
- Debbie Parker added to and improved the Power-Point Presentation slide show we are presenting at the dinner. She recently completed two Photoshop classes and you can tell by the beautiful graphics she puts on our Facebook site.
- Did you, your parents or maybe your grandparents attend one of the Portage Township schools in the 1920’s and early 1930’s?
Fire Truck Bell
- This bell was removed from the parade truck when Dad retired from the fire department. The bell was given to Dad in a box that was made of plywood and it had an engraved plaque glued onto the bell.
James-Schrock Cemetery Memorial
- On Thursday, Oct. 30, about 40 people gathered at McCool Cemetery to dedicate the new memorial and the broken fragments of the James-Schrock Cemetery.
- November 19, 2014, Wednesday—Installation Dinner, 6:00 pm Woodland Park
- December 6 & 7, 2014 Saturday & Sunday– Christmas Open House, Museums at Countryside Park
- The museum will close after the open house and reopen the first weekend of April 2015.
- April 4 & 5, 2015– Opening weekend
- Saturday, April 4, 2015, Spring Tea at the museum—watch for more details